PIL has informed the following enhancements to its existing Redsea Gulf Service (RGS) and Intra-Redsea Feeder 5 (IR5). These upgrades are made following the suspension of the Intra-Redsea Feeder (IRF) route with effect from December 2019.
For RGS, a weekly Berbera call will be inserted with effect from Kota Karim 0164W/E ETA Mundra 7 December.
The rotation of the new RGS is as follows:
- Mundra – Karachi – Jebel Ali – Djibouti – Jeddah – Berbera.
For IR5, a fortnightly Massawa call will be inserted with effect from Kota Naluri 0191S/N ETA Jeddah 28 December.
The rotation of the new IR5 is as follows :
- Route 1: Jeddah – Sudan – Jeddah
- Route 2 : Jeddah – Sudan – Massawa – Jeddah
Advantages of the enhanced service:
- Improved frequency and fixed weekly window into Berbera
- Direct service into Berbera from India/Gulf/Red Sea.