August21 , 2026

    Missile narrowly misses vessel southwest of Yemeni port: UK agency

    Related

    MV Densa Eagle Berths at Deendayal Port with 47,250 MT of Granular Urea

    MV Densa Eagle has berthed at Deendayal Port, Kandla,...

    VOC Port Conducts 2nd Annual ISPS Code Statement of Compliance Audit

    V.O. Chidambaranar Port Authority underwent the 2nd Annual Statement...

    APSEZ Poised to Secure Dry Bulk Berths at Paradip Port

    Adani Ports and Special Economic Zone Ltd (APSEZ) is...

    India Boosts Air Cargo Efficiency with 20-Hour Transit Target

    India has significantly accelerated domestic-to-international air cargo transshipment by...

    Delhi Airport Expands Air Cargo Network to London and Copenhagen

    Delhi’s Indira Gandhi International Airport has expanded India’s domestic-to-international...

    Share

    A missile narrowly missed a vessel near the Yemeni port city of Hodeidah, as reported by the UK maritime trade operations on Saturday. The vessel and its crew were unharmed.The agency said that one missile was intercepted by US-led coalition forces, while the second landed in the water away from the vessel, causing no damage.

    “The first was intercepted” by US-led coalition forces, the agency said.

    “The second impacted the water a distance from the vessel,” it added, noting that “the vessel reports no damage and the crew are reported safe”.

    Ambrey, a maritime security firm, confirmed the incident but provided no further details. The attack, targeting a vessel in the region, occurred amidst ongoing conflicts involving Yemen’s Huthi rebels and ships associated with Israel, Britain, and the United States.

    The Houthis have conducted multiple missile and drone strikes in the Red Sea and Gulf of Aden since November, citing support for Palestinians during the Gaza conflict.

    The US and Britain have responded with strikes on Houthi targets in Yemen. In a recent address, Houthi leader Abdul Malik alHuthi acknowledged casualties from these operations, with 37 reported deaths and 30 injuries since January. He pledged to continue targeting Red Sea shipping, highlighting 34 recent attacks by Huthi fighters.

    While most attacks have involved drones or missiles, the Huthis previously seized a vehicle transporter and its crew. The situation remains tense as maritime security concerns persist in the region.