August20 , 2026

    Wan Hai website targeted by hackers

    Related

    India Set to Explore Northern Sea Route for Russia Trade

    India is planning to send its first cargo vessel...

    Chennai Port Plans ₹17,700 Crore Outer Harbour Development

    Chennai Port is moving ahead with plans to develop...

    beOnd Taps Aeroprime to Build India Cargo Network

    Premium leisure airline beOnd has signed a Memorandum of...

    Share

    Taiwan’s Wan Hai Lines saw its website taken offline on Friday, becoming the latest liner targeted by hackers.

    The world’s 11th largest containerline confirmed the cyberattack in a stock exchange filing but said the incident had no significant impact on operations.

    The company added that no breach of internal or employee information had occurred.

    “Our company promptly initiated comprehensive cybersecurity response measures and engaged external cybersecurity firms and experts to assist with the incident. The affected website was immediately isolated to ensure information security, and the matter has been reported to relevant authorities,” Wan Hai said in a release.

    Most major liners, including MSC, Maersk, CMA CGM and COSCO, had been hit by cyberattacks in recent years. Meanwhile, Wan Hai’s website appears to be back in working order and the company said it would continue to bolster the security checks of its network and information infrastructure.

    According to a cybersecurity report published by Thetius, CyberOwl and HFW in March, one in five shipping companies faced a cyberattack in 2024, but the survey suggested that ransom payouts halved compared to 2023 levels, averaging about $100,000.